Why is the perfect condiment for any meal
Revved Up! You can find with different levels of to suit your taste, and they add a great depth of to any dish. Whether you are looking for something to liven up a boring dish or you want to add some to your life, is the perfect addition. Plus, lasts a long time so you can always have it on hand for when the mood strikes. is the perfect condiment for any meal because it is versatile, flavorful, and low in calories, which is why I started my dream hot sauce business,
I love because it is such a versatile condiment. I use it on everything from to pasta and everything in between. It adds a depth of to any dish and I especially enjoy the variety of that are available. I have a few favorites that I always keep in my fridge, but I am always trying new to find the perfect one for each dish. If you haven't tried yet, I urge you to give it a try. It might just become your new favorite condiment!
The Scoville Scale
The Scoville scale is the measurement of the pungency (spicy ) of peppers and other hot spices. The scale is named after American pharmacist Wilbur Scoville, whose 1912 method, known as the Scoville organoleptic test, is used to determine the pungency of peppers. Pungency is measured in Scoville Units (SHU), which range from 0-16,000,000 SHU.
The is the , which has an average level of 1,569,300 SHU. For comparison, a Jalapeño has an average level of 2,500-5,000 SHU. What this means for is that there is a lot of room for variation in terms of . You can find that are very mild, with just a hint of , or you can find sauces that will knock your socks off. It all depends on your personal preference.
I prefer that are more on the flavorful side than the hot side. I like to be able to taste the different ingredients in the , and I don't want the to overpower everything else. That being said, I still like my to have a little bit of a kick. I find that the perfect has just enough to make my nose tingle and my eyes water ever so slightly.
I love all different peppers, but some favorites are , , scotch bonnet, serrano, , and peri-peri peppers. If you are looking for a that is all about the , then you will want to look for one that has a high Scoville rating. If you are looking for a that has , then you will want to look for one with a lower Scoville rating, and if you're lucky you'll find a ton of great sauces that have both and for your to enjoy!
Now that you know a little bit more about , I wanted to share some of my favorite with you. These are the that I always have in my fridge, and that I use on a regular basis.
- Revved Up : This brand is my go-to for everyday use on my (I also happen to own it). There are six flavors of that all focus on before , with our bestseller being our Pineapple Bomb , sweet with a kick. It's my favorite for sure! My personal in our collection is our peri-peri ghost, almost like a bbq with a slow burn of the ! It's an , with so much before .
- Cottage Lane Kitchen: They are a woman owned, family business with generational ties to Chapel Hill, NC and a genetic, deep love of spicy relish and all things spicy. Make sure to try their Hissy Fit cayenne perfect on everything!
- Horseshoe : They are handcrafted and barbecue company handcrafted made in New York's Hudson Valley Since 2008. The kiwi jalapeño and cayenne are my favorites!
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce: Lucky Dog's mission is to produce the most balanced, flavorful and versatile hot sauces possible, with emphasis on local sourcing.Try their Ridiculously Tasty Mustard Chipotle Hot Sauce.
- Sonoma Hot sauce: Created by Innovative Latina Farmers on two continents. Sonoma Hot Sauce is proudly vegan, gluten free and keto/ paleo friendly. Check out their mini size bottles, for all your travel needs!
- High Desert Sauce Co: They balance bold heat & fresh flavor by keeping it simple, using the best ingredients and natural flavors run the show. Check out their spicy Tikk-HOT Masala sauce!
- Horsetooth Hot Sauce: a family owned and operated company from Fort Collins, Colorado, that concocts delectable hot sauces, choice BBQ sauces, and titillating Bloody Mary mixes. Check out their naughty #4 for a personal favorite, as recommended by my favorite Hot Sauce Realm owners, Ashley and Errin.
These are just a few of my favorite , but there are so many great out there to choose from. If you haven't found your perfect yet, keep trying new ones until you find the one that's right for you. And don't be afraid to experiment with different in different dishes. You might just find your new favorite way to eat your !
A for any course
One of the great things about is that it can be used on pretty much any dish. Whether you're looking for a little bit of in your soup or wanting to up your breakfast, is the perfect condiment.
Here are a few ideas of how you can use in different dishes:
- Add scrambled or omelette for a spicy twist on a classic breakfast dish. to your
- Soup not hot enough for you? Add a few drops of to turn up the .
- Make a vinaigrette to add some to your salad.
- Add grilled or or for an extra kick of . to your
- Turn up the on your favorite pasta dish by adding to the .
- Make a hot and cheesy dip by adding to your favorite cheese dip .
- Create a Southern Style with honey, which is blended with , carrots, and , my other ! for your dips or on breakfast sandwiches or . I love mixing our
As you can see, there are endless possibilities when it comes to using . So don't be afraid to experiment and find new and interesting ways to use in your cooking. You might just surprise yourself with how much you like it!
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about And if you're looking for a that packs a punch, then you know where to find Revved Up. and why I love it so much. If you're looking for a delicious and flavorful way to up your meals, then is definitely the way to go.